Most likely situations have come up where you needed to speak to two people at the same time. You can get this feature with VoIP and 3 Way Calling. This is a very standard feature in the industry and if it is not offered then it is best to just not use that service.
How Does 3 Way Calling Work?
Follow these steps to do 3 way calling on your phone:
- Dial your first contact, wait for an answer.
- When your are speaking with them, find and press the Flash or Hook button on the phone.
- Dial the second contact and wait for the answer.
- When you got the second person speaking, press the Flash or Hook button again.
- Your ready to speak to both at the same time now.
Even though 3 Way Calling is a standard feature, it is possible that a company does not give it. Make sure when registering for a VoIP phone provider that they offer this feature. But remember, this is not a critical feature in VoIP so you might need to pay an additional fee for it.
At the moment, VoIP companies only allow 3 way calling and not conference calling (more than 3 people). Conference calling is not typical available in the VoIP market but may be so in the near future. Once again, make sure before signing up with a service that they offer this for free or not. Many providers that offer this are Lingo, Phone Power, and Phone.com. Check them out if you want 3 way calling.